What is legal Bracket ?
Legal Bracket is one of the very few integrated platforms of India where there is a broad spectrum of provisions, which are ranging all the way from legal awareness to legal advice.
OUR LATEST POSTS
Drug abuse and the development of drug laws in India
ANIMAL CRUELTY LAWS IN INDIA
Does Kamala Harris nomination show India’s representation in U.S. politics?
On LGBTQ Adoption And Legal Reform: The Fight For The Community Is Still Not Over....
Religious Intolerance- a truth or myth?
Glances of the past where humanity suffered from in-humanness...!
- Custodial Deaths- Threat to JusticeThe very faith of democracy has been badly shaken down due to the frequent happenings of custodial deaths. International pressure on the observance of Human Rights is also mounting rapidly. It has been observed by the Law Commission that the weaker and poor sections suffer the most and are cut loose, and are the worst sufferers of custodial deaths. It is one of the worst crimes in a civilized society governed by Rule of law. Every individual has the right to freedom of life, but custodial deaths are direct threat […]
- Child Rights in IndiaChildren are backbone and the most important assets of any society. The future of the country also depends on the nature of children of that particular country. India is very fortunate that it is a home-land for the 20% of children from the entire globe. Around the 35 million of children in India are highly accomplished with in the vast field of gender Caste creed and religion creating the disaffection while generalizing the Indian childhood. In-spite of these there are certain those who either got killed in side the womb […]
- Protection Rights of whistleblower in India.Meaning: In legal terminology, a whistleblower is a person who raises his voice against any illegal act done by another person, or the one who reports an act of corruption. This terminology has been generally emphasized under the WHISTLEBLOWERS PROTECTION ACT,2014. This act enables any person who may be a whistleblower to report an act of corruption or to report against those who issues their power or discretion or to report an act against criminal offences done by a public servant. The word public servant here shall include ministers’ members […]
- HUMAN RIGHTS VIOLATION IN BALOCHISTANBalochistan is one of the four provinces of Pakistan. It is the largest province in terms of land area forming the southwestern region of the country but is the list populated. Balochistan shares a border with Punjab and the Khyber Pakhtunkhwa to the northeast, Sindh to the east and southeast, the Arabian sea to the south, Iran to the west, and Afghanistan to the north and northwest. When we look at this map, we will find that it borders the geopolitical region of the middle east and southwest Asia central […]
- Law of sedition in IndiaThe recent instance of invoking sedition laws in several instances has again raised questions on the undemocratic nature and validity of those laws within the present constitutional democracy. It is said that these laws have survived the demise of colonial rule. The analysis of the appliance of the sedition laws by the assorted courts of India shows how they need become outdated for the present society and there are various recommendations for its application. during a democratic country like India, all citizens have the basic Right to Freedom of Speech and Expression. Although reasonable restrictions to such rights allow the law of Sedition, the […]
- SECULARISM OR PLURALISM; THE REAL STAND OF INDIA. THE “WE” FEELING.The Indian constitution gives the idea of secular India, the secular word was not added to the original preamble of the Indian constitution. It was in the year 1975, the congress government lead by Indira Gandhi amended the preamble under the 42 amendment which added worlds like secular and socialist. The founding fathers of the Indian constitution did not mention the word secular because it was not necessary to be mentioned according to them. The world like liberty, equality, fraternity and justice were indirectly addressing the same idea, the constitutional […]
- COVID-19…the invisible enemy..!!IntroductionThe 2019 Coronavirus Epidemic (COVID-19) sparked a worldwide health crisis, with a profound effect on our environment and daily life. The rate of infection and patterns of transmission not only threaten our sense of agency, but also the security measures implemented to contain the spread of the virus also require social separation by not doing what is inherently human, which is to find consolation in others’ society. What is the role (and can be) of the different mass media networks in our lives on individual, social and social levels in […]
- Media Trials..!!It has become very normal these days that we see media intervention in under trial cases. Due to media criticism, judges also feel compelled to take the decisions accordingly. Declaration on an issue by the media becomes the final verdict in the trial courts and this happens mostly in high profile cases. It is essential to have a free and healthy media functionary so that democracy sustains to its true meaning. But, reincarnated as a public court, the media themselves start investigating and forming public opinion. Due to this Article […]
- BURDEN OF PROOF & PRESUMPTIONChapter 7 of the Indian Evidence Act, 1872 talks about burden of proof and presumption. According to Section 101- whenever a person desires the court to give judgment depending on the facts that he asserts, then he must prove that those facts exist. When a person is bound to prove the existence of these facts – then it is said that the burden of proof lies on that person. In- ‘Jarnail and State of Punjab’, it was held that in all criminal cases the responsibility of proving if the […]
- E-Commerce In India: The Urgent Need For A Better Legal And Regulatory Framework.What Is E-commerce? Any form of business transaction that is done online or virtually through the internet comes under e-commerce. The most common example of e-commerce can be online shopping (shopping from Amazon, Myntra, and Shein, etc). It can also entail other types of activities such as online auctions, payment gateways, online ticketing, and internet banking. There has been a rapid increase in the way people are approaching e-commerce apps. Mobile commerce, or m-Commerce, is a rapidly growing new avenue of e-Commerce that’s mostly driven by the expanding market and […]
- ANALYZING THE PHRASE….FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND EXPRESSION….?This article explores the topic of freedom of speech and expression. It will seek to look at the different limitation principles on freedom of speech and expression. The freedom of speech and expression is a right without which other rights are hard to acquire and defend. The right to freedom of expression has its root all the way back in the 17th-century struggle of European legislators for freedom of speech. However, there is a continuing struggle in the world for the freedom of expression often going to the extent of […]